Friday, December 18, 2009

More Thursday Info and Pics

After days of silence I am finally ready to make a statement on this once-in-a-lifetime trip. Simple words on this page cannot do justice to the what I have learned from both the children and the culture. Although Diet Coke is called "Coke light" and the bathrooms are called "comfort rooms", these people are very similar to us and our ideas of the ideal society. Though some may not have the assets to achieve their tangible goals they possess a certain attitude that cannot be mimiced with superficiality. Through my endeavors here I have learned a great deal about the possibilites of humanity and the "can-do" attitude. Simply put, this trip has changed my life.
On a lighter note, today (Friday) we spent the day touring the city and shopping. I dropped about $160.00 in the biggest mall I have ever seen and visited a 500 year old fort constructed by Magellan. The influence of cultures here is quite remarkable and there application is very unique.
Now, as we are finishing our last full day in the Philippines I am proud of the work we have done, happy for the lives we changed and gladly look forward to the future for these people. I only wish I could repay them for the impact they have had on my life.

Levi
COMM Team

P.S. See Jennifer I did do work.







1 comment:

  1. hi all, I know you all are preparing for a long journey back home, can't believe the trip is almost over! As I read Levi's comments we all get a feel of the wonder and awe you have experienced. I got a phone call today, after 14.5 hours of organizing, wrapping, and bagging gifts for kids at my school, my phone rings and I miss a call from Caytie, I cried when I heard your message. I tried to call back but got a guy in California who knew nothing about you all, did not know where the Phillipines were.
    /(*_*)\ but being the great daughter that she is, she CALLED BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that was a gift to me!!
    I loved the beautiful pictures I saw when I got on. Breathtaking churches, and pretty teacher!!...oh and I loved seeing Margaret,(Margaret, I hope Caytie has been telling you hi. I knew she was in good hands when I heard you were going, just like I was in good hands when you took care of me!). Caytie I see you are getting a tan! Little Brown Caytie from Finchville!!!
    Well have a safe trip, know that I am praying for a safe return flight, and cherish the moments you had, the lives you changed, and the experience and friends you made. God Bless you all, and thank you for representing the University of Louisville.
    Can't wait to see you brownee!!, love you
    Mater Boy,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete