Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday Welcome

I thought I was prepared for what I would encounter when heading up the mountain this morning. But after day one with the children I can honestly say that I am speechless. The people here are unbelievably kind, respectful, and eager to learn about anything we have to offer. Today as we were pulling up to the Paril school we were greeted with an overwhelming reception with children lining the gravel roads waving both American and Philipino flags. At one point during a prayer one of the senior students was giving I was overwhelmed with a number of emotions and tears began to fill my eyes. It was so humbling to hear her say "we are so blessed to have these visitors from the University of Louisville who have traveled here to reach out to the least fortunate..."

Nate Gilbert
Junior
Education Team



4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful people. Thank you for sharing with us here on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I am in awe. I just know you all are doing amazing things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe too!! I agree with Aunt Lori, they are beautiful people. What do you say to people who are appreciative and so happy to have you with them and love that you are taking your time to be there for them. We all need to learn form that!! thank you for sharing those thoughts and giving us a view into your experiences. Bless all of you!! Love you Caytie!! Momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at your pictures and reading your stories has been an inspiration to me. It's absolutely wonderful to see young people take time out of their own comfortable lives and give just to bring a little sunshine into the lives of people less fortunate than you. We can learn much more from them than we could ever give. I too am in awe not only with what you have done but of you taking time to share with us. I miss you Nate and can't wait to hear more of your journey with these great people! Save travels. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete