Saturday, December 12, 2009

First Day in Cebu

Since everything was on time and we arrived on Friday night Cebu time, we were able to take one day to rest and relax on Saturday. We rested by the pool, swam in the sea, went parasailing, and finished up some of the shopping for supplies for our week. Everyone is doing well. No one is sick. We are all well fed. On Saturday night, we had a lovely dinner on the beach and were entertained by local dancers performing cultural dances. Several of us tried tinnickling (hopping over bamboo poles). I don't think I spelled it correctly, but it is not in spell check. We are going to see some of the islands this morning, then we start our work this afternoon. Dental clinic to be set up and classroom activities to be finalized. Thanks for all your comments!



4 comments:

  1. Just as an FYI, thank you for going there. I am one of two U of L grads that have a very large humanitarian organization there in the Philippines. While not specifically in Cebu, one of the bases is very close in Bohol. Dont forget to see Fort San Pedro, Magellens Cross and of course a floating restaurant accessible by a pump boat that you can rent next to the Marriott on Mactan Island. Thanks for all your work there. A little bit of effort does so much good in the Phililppines. Ingat (take care)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey levi!!! I hope you are having an amazing time!!! The pictures are wonderful!!! I miss you and love you tons and tons!!!
    carmon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caytie, Is that a coconut!! I love Coconuts!! What a great picture of you with Margaret and what a fun picture of you in the ocean! Are you one of the ones who tried the tinnickling? Did you make it?? I am so glad to see you all having fun and keeping warm, not the same here, I will have to soon retire my flip flops for the winter soon :(
    But... if I were there .....
    Have a good time, Love you so much!!! Momma

    ReplyDelete