Wednesday, December 2, 2009

ISLP 2009 CEBU, PHILIPPINES


The UofL International Service Learning team will be traveling to Cebu, Philippines from December 10-20. We will post information and pictures each day on this blog. Families and friends can keep up with our work and send messages to the service learning team.

Four interdisciplinary teams will perform service in four communities. The dental team will set up a dental clinic in the Peril, but all ISLP students will do a rotation in the dental clinic. Our ISLP students are trained and ready to assist. Each team is interdisciplinary, but each discipline leads in the planning of classroom activities in three mountain schools and in one city school. The Communications team will use the "STAR" critical thinking exercise to help students make good choices. Justice Administration will use role play and small group discussions to talk about bullying behavior. The Education team will do a science experiment focusing on water purification.



Students and faculty have spent the past several weeks preparing for the ISLP experience in Cebu, and we hope that you will join us on this blog. Just sign on as a follower or create an account to post comments.

10 comments:

  1. Checking to see if I am doing this right.... Technologically challenged :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emilie,hope you had a pleasant flight to Seoul and are well into flight to Cebu. I miss and love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sister!!!! Miss you but I know you are having an amazing experience and you will be home so soon:) Liked the airport picture, your hair looked like it had been flying high lol anyway love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SISSY!! It's Christy, I had a little trouble figuring all this blogging out so our blog name is jacked up haha! Sorry anyway I'm sooo happy you made it there safe! It sounds like you all are having a good time and getting a lot of wonderful things accomplished! Take it all in because this is a once in a life time experience! As I was reading over all the posts of what you all are doing it just boggles my mind, here we are at home on a Saturday cleaning the house and getting Christmas cards together and all the typical stuff while your out doing God's work and changing lives.. it's so crazy! Well I love you so much and I hope your having a blast! Let us know!! Much love, Josh and Christy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello to all you Cebuers. Hey, that's a real word!

    Your stories and smiles are better than coffee.

    Your good work is really what IT'S all about. Helping others. Reaching out, lending a hand, giving a smile, offering hope and love.

    Our ISLP trips change lives. I've watched students return with new hope and new direction. I've heard faculty tell stories that both make me laugh so hard I snort and cry so hard my heart breaks.

    You are all amazing!

    Wishes for the safest of travels without delay!!
    Peace & Love
    Chris Cherry Davis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Caytie!!! I cannot get over the picture of you with the blue gloves and the rinsing tool in your hand- that really put things into perspective. To see what you all are doing(which is a WHOLE LOT) is amazing. I am listening to Benfolds sister and I thought of you:) remember this summer listening to this with Josh on the beach? Anyway, I am so very proud of you and will continue to pray for everyone's saftey, it is awesome to see the difference you all are making!!!

    ReplyDelete